Hey, y'all! Jaclyn here.
I threw a tailgate party for some Tennessee fans the other weekend and used Shoppe 3130 party supplies for decorations. Today, I am going to share some tips for hosting the perfect tailgate!
Fall means football! In the South we have 4 seasons: Winter, Spring, Summer, & SEC Football!
Hosting the perfect tailgate can be broken down into two categories: food & decorations. If you get those right, then you will have a successful tailgate!
Use the triple threat combo of something salty, sweet, & savory. For this tailgate, I chose to use spinach & artichoke dip, mini cupcakes, & a cheese board as my combo!
Be sure to include a healthy option, like fresh fruit or a vegetable tray. Also, stock your fridge or cooler with plenty of water!
Shoppe 3130 has so many colors to choose from for both the tassels & straws, you will surely find your team's winning combination!
Be sure to tag us in your tailgate pictures if you use any of the items from our shop @shoppe3130 & #shoppe3130!
Since some of our more popular items in the shoppe are our tutu costumes, it's no surprise that halloween is an exciting time of year for us. Halloween & Fall Festivals can be a lot of fun but as with any crowded night time activity, you need to be aware of your surroundings.
Here are some tips for staying safe during Halloween & other autumn activities:
1. Stay in groups.
We recommend this for trick or treating, fall festivals, corn mazes, etc. Going in groups makes it more fun as well as keeps kids accountable for each other. Use the buddy system!
2. Dress everyone in comfortable shoes.
It's tempting to dress your littles in shoes that match their costumes but it's more important that the shoes fit properly & are comfortable for walking around the neighborhood.
3. Bring a flashlight or glow stick. (Don't rely on your phone's flash)
4. Make sure you fully charge your phone before heading out to trick or treat (or any fall nighttime activity).
5. Don't go inside strangers houses.
This rule mainly applies for trick or treating (so do the next few rules). You may have really nice neighbors, but it's best to make a general rule to not enter strangers' houses.
6. Only walk on well lit streets & only ring doorbells at houses with porch lights on.
Remember, not everyone celebrates Halloween.
7. Look both ways before crossing the street.
Halloween is a lot of fun, so kids are very excited. Practice good traffic safety and stay alert at all times. Keep your phone in your pocket when walking around (no texting & walking). Only take pictures of your kids when you're in a safe area.
8. Inspect your littles' candy before letting them eat it.
Be aware of any food allergies and throw out candy that's come out of it's wrapper.
9. Start early & don't stay out too late.
10. Use reflective tape on dark costumes.
You can buy reflective tape at Walmart and stick a piece on the back of your little ninja, vampire, monster, etc! It's an inexpensive way to keep your kids safe & visible!
We hope everyone has a fun & safe halloween! And remember, if your littles are wearing a costume from our shoppe, be sure to snap a pic and enter into our Facebook contest! See rules here!
Shoppe 3130 Halloween Costume Contest 2016
If your little wears a Shoppe3130 costume for Halloween this year, then be sure to snap a picture & email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. By submiting your pictures, you are giving us permission to use your photos on social media, etsy, our website, & for other marketing purposes. All submissions are due on or before Sunday, November 6th. The deadline for voting for fan favorite is Saturday, November 12th & the winners will be announced on Sunday, November 13th!
We have 6 categories this year:
- Dad Favorites (Super Heros, Star Wars, Pokemon, TMNT)
- Frilly Favorite (Princess, Frozen, My Little Pony, Mini Mouse)
- Classic Favorite (Wiard of Oz, Sesame Street)
- For the Boys (Fox Tail,Dino Tails, Capes, Owl Masks (anything in our shoppe that you make a little boy's costume))
- Fan Favorite (most liked picture in our Facebook competition)
- Best All Around (we will choose our favorite / most creative picture submitted!)
Each winner will receive a $25 giftcard to Shoppe 3130! We can't wait to see our tutus in action!