Since some of our more popular items in the shoppe are our tutu costumes, it's no surprise that halloween is an exciting time of year for us. Halloween & Fall Festivals can be a lot of fun but as with any crowded night time activity, you need to be aware of your surroundings.
Here are some tips for staying safe during Halloween & other autumn activities:
1. Stay in groups.
We recommend this for trick or treating, fall festivals, corn mazes, etc. Going in groups makes it more fun as well as keeps kids accountable for each other. Use the buddy system!
2. Dress everyone in comfortable shoes.
It's tempting to dress your littles in shoes that match their costumes but it's more important that the shoes fit properly & are comfortable for walking around the neighborhood.
3. Bring a flashlight or glow stick. (Don't rely on your phone's flash)
4. Make sure you fully charge your phone before heading out to trick or treat (or any fall nighttime activity).
5. Don't go inside strangers houses.
This rule mainly applies for trick or treating (so do the next few rules). You may have really nice neighbors, but it's best to make a general rule to not enter strangers' houses.
6. Only walk on well lit streets & only ring doorbells at houses with porch lights on.
Remember, not everyone celebrates Halloween.
7. Look both ways before crossing the street.
Halloween is a lot of fun, so kids are very excited. Practice good traffic safety and stay alert at all times. Keep your phone in your pocket when walking around (no texting & walking). Only take pictures of your kids when you're in a safe area.
8. Inspect your littles' candy before letting them eat it.
Be aware of any food allergies and throw out candy that's come out of it's wrapper.
9. Start early & don't stay out too late.
10. Use reflective tape on dark costumes.
You can buy reflective tape at Walmart and stick a piece on the back of your little ninja, vampire, monster, etc! It's an inexpensive way to keep your kids safe & visible!
We hope everyone has a fun & safe halloween! And remember, if your littles are wearing a costume from our shoppe, be sure to snap a pic and enter into our Facebook contest! See rules here!